If you or someone you know has been charged with a crime, you need a Sacramento criminal defense attorney with the skill and knowledge to intervene on your behalf and protect you. The criminal courts are adversarial in nature. The district attorney's office views criminal accusations from the perspective of the prosecutor, with the goal of demonstrating guilt and obtaining a conviction. Your defense attorney views the accusation from your perspective and represents your interests. These opposing views meet in the courts, with the hope that a true understanding of events emerges and justice is served.
That's why it's critical that you have top quality legal representation if you are facing criminal charges. You need a lawyer who knows the law and will present your view of events, verify the legitimacy of evidence, and ensure that police follow approved procedures. Law enforcement has at its disposal many resources: police officers and detectives, crime labs, determined prosecutors. Your defense attorney is your advocate in the process, making sure that your voice is heard and your rights are protected.Experience Matters
For 25 years, I have handled criminal cases of all types in the Sacramento region, earning a reputation for powerful negotiation and determined trial representation. As a former major case prosecutor and current defense lawyer in private practice, I know what it takes to protect your livelihood, liberty, and reputation. I can act decisively to ensure that your legal rights are protected and to give you a fighting chance. Call 916-442-1200 for a free and confidential consultation.Aggressive Defense In All Types Of Criminal Cases
I personally handle all of my cases, never taking on clients and then handing them over to an inexperienced junior attorney. No matter the accusations you're facing, I will represent you throughout all phases of the process. I provide quality legal defense against all types of criminal charges, including:
- Property crime: Petty theft, grand theft, breaking and entering, home invasion, vandalism, burglary
- Crimes against persons: Assault, battery, domestic violence, spousal abuse, robbery
- Juvenile crime: Shoplifting, fighting, joyriding, minor in possession of drugs or alcohol, bringing a weapon to school
- DUI: First, second or third offense drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs (DUID), reckless driving, felony DUI and cases involving aggravating circumstances, such as high blood alcohol content (BAC), minor passengers in the car, drunk drivers under 21, and serious or fatal drunk driving accidents.
- Drug charges: Misdemeanor drug possession and felony drug charges, such as possession with intent to sell or deliver, narcotics trafficking, drug importation and transportation, and drug manufacture or cultivation (methamphetamine labs and marijuana grow houses)
- Vehicular crimes: Hit and run, reckless driving, carjacking, vehicular manslaughter, driving without a license or on a suspended license, evading arrest, drunk driving
- College crimes: Minor in possession of alcohol, drug possession and sale, vandalism, cycling under the influence, driving under the influence, assault
Part of my commitment to helping you make the most of your second chance is working to clear your record through expungement whenever possible. I can also help you deal with alleged violations of probation. And I can offer you options for addressing any outstanding arrest warrants you may have.Representation Throughout the Sacramento Region
I defend clients throughout the greater Sacramento area, including Sacramento County, Yolo County, Placer County, and El Dorado County. Each county has its own court system, law enforcement personnel, and prosecutors. It's important to have a defense attorney familiar with the people and procedures of each jurisdiction. My reputation as a skilled negotiator and trial attorney helps me build an effective defense for each of my clients.Free and Confidential Consultation
Call me at 916-442-1200 for a free and confidential consultation to discuss your case.